Take Action Against Domestic Violence With HopeLine® from Verizon
This October, we’re going Purple and partnering with HopeLine® from Verizon to take a stand against domestic violence for Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Each year millions of people -women, children, and MEN- are affected by domestic violence.
Did you know?
- 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence during her lifetime
- Men are the victims of nearly 3 million physical assaults in the U.S
- On a typical day, more than 20,000 phone calls are placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide
- More than 3 million children witness domestic violence in their homes each year
As a wife and mom, I think its critical to create a loving and positive environment for your children. Raising boys, my husband knows they mirror his actions- both physically and verbally- when interacting with me. As they grow, this will also be the way they interact with women. With a little girl on the way, she will look at my husband’s actions as what is acceptable for when she’s older. We have such a wonderful opportunity as a society to take action against Domestic Violence and supporting the victims- whether they are men, women, or children.
Warning Signs that Someone you know may be in an abusive relationship
- Injuries and Excuses
- Absences from Work or School
- Low Self-Esteem
- Personality Changes
- Fear of Conflict
- Passive-Aggressive Behavior
- Isolation & Control
- Stress-Related Problems
Help make a difference by going Purple this October!
Join Verizon Wireless in the stand against Domestic Violence. This is the perfect opportunity to purchase that headset, phone or tablet case you’ve been wanting AND clean out that drawer of old cell phones and accessories!
- Buy a Purple Accessory from Verizon – This October, in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, visit any Verizon store or go online to purchase exclusive purple accessories and HopeLine® from Verizon will donate $1, up to $100,000, to the National Domestic Violence Hotline. Check out the accessories you can purchase here.
- Donate A Phone – Take action against domestic violence by helping HopeLine reach its goal of 1 million phone donations by the end of 2015. Simply drop off your wireless phones, chargers and accessories, from any carrier, at a Verizon store and help support victims and survivors of domestic violence. Find your nearest Verizon Wireless here.
What is Hopeline?
- HopeLine provides financial support to non-profit domestic violence organizations and agencies that are committed to connecting victims and survivors to vital resources.
- HopeLine collects used wireless phones, chargers and accessories, and turns them into support for domestic violence awareness and prevention organizations.
- HopeLine phones serve as a vital link for survivors and help keep a private line of communication to family, friends and employers.
- Verizon has a longstanding commitment to domestic violence awareness and prevention since 2001 through the HopeLine program.
- Verizon also donates wireless phones through the HopeLine program, complete with minutes and text messaging, to domestic violence shelters and non-profit organizations for use by victims and survivors.
How has Hopeline made a difference?
- Collected more than 11.4 million phones
- Donated more than 190,000 phones
Learn more about HopeLine
More Information: http://www.verizon.com/about/hopeline
Purchase Link for Purple Accessories: http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/hopeline/
Verizon Store Locator: http://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/
Let’s help spread awareness and take a stand!
You can enter to win a LG Tone Pro™ Wireless Stereo Headset (valued at $69.99)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/HopeLine from Verizon.
Because I have known people that have experienced domestic abuse and the struggles they went through and I do not want anyone else to experience that.
I agree! Thanks so much for helping to support this cause!
It is important to me because one of my best friends was in an abusive relationship for years. She finally was able to escape.
So glad to hear that for her! Thank you for supporting the cause!
It’s important to talk about DV so that we can give a voice to those who need it.
I totally agree! Thanks for supporting!!
It’s important to me because it’s affected me personally. I’m now a single mom and my life couldn’t be better. I’m glad I had support from my family. I love to support causes dear to me. Sad to hear that it affects so many kids.
I witnessed it as a teen with a friend and her boyfriend, but at that time, no one really spoke up. To this day I wish I had stepped in!
Its hard to step in as a teen, sometimes you just dont know what the right thing is to do or say.
Its very important to me, as my sister went through it about 20 years ago and it was horrible. She did finally get out, and is doing great. Such a horrible thing for anyone to go through.