Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, and if you’re hosting, you’ve likely been putting your menu together! We prep much of our feast early, so Turkey Day is somewhat relaxing. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is filled with prepping and cooking from the time we get up until late in the evening. While its super important to get everything organized and ready for our Thanksgiving dinner, my family still needs to eat the night before Thanksgiving.
Ordering take out sounds like it’d be ideal, but usually its a hassle and my kitchen is never in the shape to cook ANOTHER meal. The past few years I’ve been prepping for pre Thanksgiving dinner with a slow cooker meal. Since I started doing this, there’s less picking and snacking happening in the kitchen, not to mention we have more energy to get everything done long before we start to fizzle out.
If you tried my Quick and Easy Crock Pot Chicken recipe, this is the same concept, but with a different protein. This year’s Pre-Thanksgiving meal is Crock Pot Pork Chops. You can literally put them together first thing in the morning in less than 5 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Boneless Pork Chops (we usually have everyone over prepping so I use a family package with about 10 porkchops)
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
Place pork chops in slow cooker
Mix soups together then cover pork chops
Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 4-5 hours
If you’re making your Thanksgiving mashed potatoes the night before, make a little extra for your pork chop dinner. Plus, the soups create a nice thick gravy perfect for mashed potatoes! About 10 minutes before we’re ready to eat, I steam some broccoli and viola- you have a nice complete meal!
What is your favorite pre-Thanksgiving meal?
For more family favorite Thanksgiving dishes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Honey by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy Italian Stuffed Artichokes by Tools 2 Tiaras
- Pre-Thanksgiving Meal Crockpot Pork Chops by Controlled Confusion
- Roasted Pears with Spices and Saint Geric by Life with Lisa
- Berry Special Holiday Drinks by Champagne Living
- Favorite Thanksgiving Serving Dishes by Rajean Blomquist
Would your brand like to participate in #Thanks30? Fill out this form for more information.