Fall is the season of the Pumpkin Spice Latte. While I’ve tried to make them at home, for some reason they just never taste the same as when I order them to go. If you are like me and take advantage of the local coffee shops and chains that offer the season’s top beverage, here are some things to consider when ordering and purchasing your beverage.
- Whipped cream is the perfect topper. Nothing is better than taking your first sip of piping hot pumpkin spice as it rushed through the cool whipped cream. Some places will even add a little cinnamon on top of the whipped cream giving it an added pizzazz. If you go to Starbucks, like me, they actually make their own whipped cream!
- Soy Milk adds to the sweetness. I switched to soy milk when I had my first son and for some reason, it makes the pumpkin spice latte that much sweeter. Plus, if you’re worried about the calories, opt for an alternative to whole milk- such as soy or almond.
- It pays to stay loyal all season. Many local shops and chains offer loyalty programs and rewards for beverages. Chances are, you’re going to indulge in multiple pumpkin spice lattes throughout the season, so you might as well be rewarded for it! Check to see if there are any apps available for your smartphone that provide discounts or free beverages after a specific amount is spent or certain number of drinks are purchased. My Stabucks app allows me to load money automatically into an account and I get points towards a free beverage.
My love for Pumpkin Spice Lattes last all year but since it is a seasonal drink, I have to concede to the fact that its only available for a limited time. However, the months I AM able to snag my favorite beverage just makes it taste that much better.
What is your favorite way to drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte?
For more delicious fall recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Wild Apple Crumb Pie by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Ordering Pumpkin Spice Lattes to Go by Controlled Confusion
- How to Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds by Life with Lisa
- Fettuccine with Roasted Butternut Squash, Eggplant and Oyster Mushrooms by Champagne Living
- Homemade Beef Soup Recipe by Tools 2 Tiaras
Would your brand like to participate in #FallFun31? Fill out this form for more information.