Broccoli Salad with Tangy Sour Cream Dressing Perfect for Summer Picnics
This post was sponsored by Hood as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
The summer season is in full swing, which means lots of cookouts and summer foods! I love making my signature broccoli salad. My broccoli salad has minimal ingredients, but the hero is its tangy creamy sour cream dressing, making it perfect for summer picnics!
I stumbled across my broccoli salad when my family was heading out to a picnic and the host was already making a pasta salad. I knew all of the other side dishes there would include mayonnaise, so if I wanted to eat more than watermelon and pasta salad, I had to come up with something that used something other than mayonnaise as the star ingredient. As a big fan of Hood Sour Cream, I experimented with a few different items to create a tangy dressing that would go great with veggies, nuts, and fruit.
- large head of broccoli
- 1/2 cup almond flakes
- 1/4 cup scallions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cut up apple (or pear)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
HOOD SOUR CREAM DRESSING
- 1/3 cup Hood Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tbsp dijon or honey mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tbsp milk (more or less depending how thick you like your dressing)
- Mix together Sour Cream Dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Cut broccoli into small pieces, then blanch in boiling water. Broccoli should be cooked to vibrant green color, yet still crisp. Place in cold water, then drain to ensure broccoli is not watery.
- Mix salad ingredients together, then drizzle dressing and toss.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Hood Sour Cream is the obvious choice, and here’s why:
- Hood Sour Cream is made with high quality ingredients, so whether it’s a holiday or every day, you can serve the best when sharing meals with friends and family.
- Hood Sour Cream is made with real Hood Milk and Cream and comes from farmers who pledge not to use artificial growth hormones (rBST).
- In addition to the tub containers, Hood Sour Cream also offers an easy to use squeeze bottle with convenient and flexible packaging perfect for tacos, potatoes and more!
For more delicious recipes featuring Hood Sour Cream, follow:
- Hood on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/HPHood/
- Hood on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HPHood/
- Hood on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HPHood
- Hood on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/HPHood/
- Hood Website: https://hood.com/recipes/
Most bbq salads are made with mayo, which makes it nearly impossible to fill your plate if you aren’t a mayo fan. My broccoli salad uses a tasty Hood Sour Cream dressing full of flavor and best of all, mayo free! Not only is it super easy to make, but it’s the perfect dish to really stand out at the next picnic you attend!