This post and giveaway were made possible by iConnect and Pampers. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
Potty training is a monumental milestone for both toddlers and parents. It is the first step of independence for toddlers and a true testament to parents’ dedication. While this time is very exciting, it can often be accompanied by stress and uncertainty by both parents and toddlers. Make the most of your potty training experience by partnering with Pampers Easy Ups and following these five simple steps for potty training.
- Stay Consistent. Once you decide to start the potty training process, stick to it! It’s a big step and very time consuming so make sure you are ready. Keep anyone who is a caregiver for your child in the loop including spouses and daycare providers.
- Take trips often. It’s still a new concept to notify someone before they have to “go”. Make frequent bathroom visits throughout the day (once an hour at first), especially after any meals or drinks. Ask if they have to go potty before you take them, this way when they do go, they can make a connection to a response of “yes/no” for the question “do you have to go potty?”
- Make it fun! Create an exciting environment in the bathroom by making up a pee pee or poo poo song (or dance). Buy special soap they can use when washing their hands after going potty. Get them special training pants- like Pampers Easy Ups-that are more underware-like and easily pull on and off.
- Be prepared for accidents and use training pants. Training pants are perfect to keep messes off clothing, bedding and other surfaces. Accidents will happen more often than not, but don’t let it be a setback. Its important to continue to encourage your toddler and not focus on the failed attempts. Never scold for an accident, and even after an accident, bring them to the potty so they make the connection of where to go next time.
- Celebrate! Any successful attempt to go on the potty is cause for celebration. Give lots of praises, high fives, and claps. Make it the “new” exciting news to share!
Training Pants are such an important part of the potty training process! Pampers Easy Ups helps makes this journey a little easier by providing better leak protection than the leading competitor. Here is some information on Pampers Easy- Ups:
- Pampers Easy Ups work during the day AND night, enabling toddlers and moms to confidently and completely transition from diapers to underwear.
- Fun Thomas & Friends® designs for boys and Dora the Explorer® designs for girls
- A more underwear-like design for growing toddlers
- Graphics that fade when wet to help little ones learn
- Super-stretchy sides to make them easy to pull up and down when using the potty
- Available for Boys and Girls sizes 2T/3T through 4T/5T
Learn more about Pampers:
ENTER TO WIN A PAMPERS EASY UPS PRIZE PACKAGE!!
Prize package, which will include:
$25 AMEX Gift Card
Pampers Easy Ups
Join @Pampers and Dr. Laura Jana* for the #PampersEasyUps Twitter party on April 28 from 9-10pm EST. Dr. Jana will be sharing her tips to help simplify and improve the potty training experience for little ones and their parents. RSVP for the Twitter Party: http://bit.ly/20whQbK
*Dr. Laura Jana, pediatrician, award-winning parenting book author and potty training expert who co-authored to Its You and Me Against the Pee…and the Poop, Too!
Kick off potty training this Spring so you are ready for summer fun and the start of preschool this Fall! Make the most of the potty training experience for you and your toddler!
What tips do you have for potty training?