Chances are the summer sun gave you a glow that’s a little darker than your natural shade. As your days on the beach have quickly come to an end, your complexion might look a little … lighter nowadays. As your prepping your fashion and skincare for the fall, make sure your fall foundation is the perfect match!
We see women all the time with crazy make up lines along the jaw and chin because their foundation doesn’t match up correctly. The biggest mistake when selecting a foundation, is making the selection based on the color of the skin, rather than the skin’s undertones. Before you make your next foundation purchase, first determine your undertone: cool, warm or neutral.
How do I determine my skin’s undertone?
Its easier than you think!
Cool Undertone: You typically turn a pinkish color in the sun and likely burn easily. As a rule of thumb, the veins on your inner wrist appear blue. If you have a cool undertone pick up a foundation that has rosier, redder, or blue base.
Warm Undertone: You typically tan in the sun and the veins on your wrist appear green. If you have a warm undertone pick a foundation that has a golden or yellow base.
Neutral Undertone: You have an equal number of blue and green veins. If you have a neutral undertone pick a foundation that is somewhere in the middle.
Once you determine your undertone, its time to get your foundation!
- Try testers in the store. Test on your hand rather than your face.
- Don’t be afraid of a little chemistry. Everyone’s skin tones are different, so chances are the PERFECT foundation for your tone isn’t in a bottle. Mix up a few different shades to achieve the perfect flawless look for your skin.
- Its always best to go a shade lighter if you’re uncertain. Following up with a bronzer will make your face a little darker anyway.
- Use a loose setting powder to lock in your makeup and be set for the day!
Using a foundation doesn’t require you to be a runway model. This fall get that flawless look you’ve always wanted!
For more Fall Beauty posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- 5 Facts About Halloween Makeup That’ll Make Your Hair Stand On End by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- The Perfect Foundation Match by Controlled Confusion
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Face Scrub by Life with Lisa
- Fall Makeup Trends 2015 by Tools 2 Tiaras
- Autumn Lips by Champagne Living
Would your brand like to participate in #FallFun31? Fill out this form for more information.