I partnered with SheSpeaks/Rubbermaid to provide this post.
I’m a mom of three full time snackers under the age of six. My kids eat about a dozen snacks a day, mainly fruits and vegetables. My six and three year old do a great job with getting their own snacks and often times grabbing extra for their little sister. However, the biggest challenge with my boys being so independent, is putting their snack away without letting them spoil. We tried out the new Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Savers and were so happy to see how easy it was for our little snackers to use!
It’s no secret that food is expensive, especially when you are purchasing organic fruits and vegetables. There is nothing worse than seeing your fairly new organic grapes have rotted in the refrigerator because the container top wasn’t properly closed. Wasted produce means wasted money! Americans waste $24 billion worth of produce every year, which is the equivalent of $192 per household.** Thanks to Rubbermaid FreshWorks, our produce is lasting longer due to their FreshVentTM technology AND their easy close container.
Some additional features of the FreshWorks line include:
- Keeps Produce Fresher, Longer: the patented FreshVentTM technology helps to keep produce fresher up to 80%* longer than traditional produce packaging. FreshVent regulates the flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide to create the optimal environment so produce stays nearly as fresh as the day it was picked, while the CrispTrayTM helps reduce moisture and spoilage.
- Easy to Use: With FreshWorks Produce Saver, you can simply move produce from store packaging and into the FreshWorks containers before refrigerating to maintain freshness for up to 80% longer. The lid filter lasts a lifetime, no replacements needed.
- Microwave and top shelf dishwasher safe, BPA-free.
- Available in three sizes to hold all types of produce:
- Small (2.5 Cups): Ideal for small berries.
- Medium (6.3 Cups): Perfect for strawberries.
- Large (17.3 Cups): Optimal for leafy greens.
*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks™ containers vs. store packaging. Results may vary depending upon produce and use.
** Source: USDA 2014
Our favorite produce to store in our FreshWorks containers are grapes and strawberries. You can enter for a chance to win your own set of Rubbermaid FreshWorks containers!
You can learn the more about Rubbermaid FreshWorks by following: