This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Riddell
Its no secret, we are a HUGE football family. This year, our love for the game has catapulted now that our oldest is in his first season of tackle football. Its a little scary to send my guy out on the field, especially since he is a minimum of one year younger than all the other players on his team. Plus the fact that I specifically suffer daily from the affects of a brain injury due to a concussion, the need for smart, safe football is vital. I was thrilled to learn about Riddell Sports’ commitment to teaching athletes the importance of #SmarterFootball and see where our team ranked!
Smarter Football is being smart both ON and OFF the field. As I learned more about the SmarterFootball initiative, I was thrilled to know our team was actively practicing many of these forms! From requiring medical releases and the most recent report cards, to mandatory practices for skill development, our players were receiving the foundation to grow into elite athletes. There are four main forms of playing Smarter Football including:
- Safe tackling
- Proper nutrition
- Excellent sportsmanship
- Maintaining good grades
Riddell has a commitment to Smarter Football and acknowledges how players are relying more on science for sensor, cooling/heating and grip technologies to help develop their skills! This month you can apply to WIN a Smarter Football grant for your team from Riddell! Applications are open to all members of the football community- including fans, administrators, coaches, parents and players! Simply visit Riddell.com/SmarterFootball and submit your team’s info!
Riddell Sports Smarter Football Program
- Riddell is pledging up to $100,000 in equipment grants to select football programs in need of upgraded gear and who best demonstrate how the new product will strengthen their team’s commitment to smarter football. *Entries will be accepted from August 1 through August 31, 2017 with the winners announced during the 2017 football season.
- At Riddell, Smarter Football manifests itself in the way the brand integrates engineering expertise with new data and cutting-edge materials to develop protective equipment. Over the years, Riddell has:
- Collected over 10 years of head impact data and research with biomarkers through a partnership with TGen and the University of Arizona
- Developed and introduced the first flexible football helmet with the Riddell SpeedFlex in 2014
- Launched Riddell’s InSite Impact Response System, which helps thousands of football programs improve their playing techniques and acts as an extra set of eyes for coaches and training staff
- Launched Precision-Fit, a process that utilizes 3D scanning techniques to build a completely custom-fitting helmet for the individual player.
To learn more about Riddell’s Smarter Football Program follow Riddell Sports!
Since my son is one of the smallest players on the field, we look to Riddell’s Smarter Football 101: Proper Fit to view the sizing guides and fitting instructional videos to ensure he is safe while he’s playing. An equipment grant for our team would ensure each player has the correct size helmet and pads for the ultimate comfort and protection! What would an equipment grant from Riddell do for YOUR team?