Spring fever hits New Englanders- or at least this NE girl- in March. The holidays are over, you’ve had your fare share of historically low temperatures, and officially hit your snow tolerance maximum. Besides lets be real- all of the pretty white stuff is long gone. We’re now left with the mounds of dirty snow and wet sand where ever we look. For as long as I can remember, there has always been a snow storm on March 1st or 2nd in New England. This year, we get to celebrate the first day of Spring with another significant snowfall. Not to worry! I’ve compiled a nice list of things you can do to prep for the nice weather … Just think S.P.R.I.N.G!
1. Shave your legs. And I don’t mean that quick “winter and I don’t care if I’m missing patches of hair” shave. I’m talking breaking out the shaving gel, going slow & steady to create and nice smooth surface, and concluding with a moisturizer. Plus Gillette Venus just came out with a new razor perfect to get your legs Spring ready, you can read more about it here.
2. Pedicure. Treat yourself to the full treatment, not just the paint. Your feet will feel fresh and ready for that warm breeze!
3. Revamp your nail polish. Trade in the winter darks for lighter neutral colors like pinks and peach. You can even through in some crazy greens or blues!
4. Iced tea- or if you’re a Southerner at heart like my love- Sweet Tea. Enough of the hot cocoa and hot tea. It may be a little cold, but throw on a sweater and make a fresh batch of homemade iced tea !
5. New pair of flip flops. There’s nothing wrong with preparing your fashion for the upcoming season. Plus, it will be SO much more exciting the first time you wear them when you’ve been anticipating it for the past few weeks.
4. Get your hair done. It doesn’t have to be anything drastic like a crazy cut or wild color, but start to transition in the lighter shades. Add some highlights and get those dead ends trimmed. Summer will be here before we know it!
The snow plows may still be gassed up, but that doesn’t mean you can’t mentally be on a level of tulips and pedicures!
What do you look forward to most about the Spring?