Summer seems to have left as quickly as it came. The hot days and long nights were accompanied by a schedule that was completely out of whack and far from our daily school year routine. We knew the biggest challenge with getting our two boys back on track was going to be tackling their nighttime routine. Fortunately, we weren’t at odds with this battle alone, we used Philips Hue smart lighting to help our family get into back to school mode.
We love using smart devices and were thrilled when we had the opportunity to incorporate the Philips Hue smart lighting system into our home. Our boys share a bedroom, which means someone is always getting the other riled up, especially at bedtime. Our younger son looks for a nightlight to be on, while our older son doesn’t want any type of light. Philips Hue’s dimming feature helped our boys calm down and relax before bedtime. We even set a timer within the Hue app to gradually fade out the light!
Here are some of the awesome features of Philips Hue.
- gain full control over all of the lighting in your home
- choose from 16 million colors or every shade of white light
- transform your everyday lighting into an experience like no other
My favorite feature– I can easily pair my Hue lighting with my voice by asking Amazon Alexa. Don’t worry if you have Google Assistant or Siri with Apple HomeKit, your lights will respond to those devices too!
My husband’s favorite feature– He can use the Hue app right on his smartphone to personalize our lighting. Even if no one is home and we want lights on, we can control the lighting straight from our phones.
If you are ready to get started with smart lighting, the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance starter kit gives you everything you need including
- A bridge, which is the heart of the Hue system. It allows for the app-based control of the Hue lights
- An Ethernet cable to connect the bridge to your wireless router, and a power cord to plug the bridge into any standard outlet.
- Four A19 standard-size LED light bulbs capable of emitting 16 million colors or 50,000 shades of white light. You can install the bulbs in any standard, indoor light fixture.
School is back in session and my son has loved setting up his own reading corner with his Hue lighting.
*This post was sponsored by Philips Hue via Momtrends Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Philips Hue or Momtrends Media.